Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stage 1 Breast Cancer

Stage one breast cancer, no big deal right? Caught early, chances of survival are very good. What they don't tell you is the years that follow are going to be very challenging, physically, mentally and emotionally. I am three years out from my original diagnosis of Invasive Lobular carcinoma.

There are several types of breast cancer, this is one of them. What began with a one centimeter lump on my right breast, turned into a 3 year nightmare that almost went unchecked (and would have if I had listen to the first doctor I saw about it.)

 I have a story to tell about my experiences and what I have learned. My hope is that I can help others who are  faced with this avoid the mistakes that I made through ignorance, misguided advise from professionals and allowing my own fear to run my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment