Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cats know what time it is

People who know me know that I am a morning person. I love to get up while it is still dark, check out the moon and watch the sun rise. Generally, I am up by 5am. Heaven for bid I sleep longer than that! At least according to my cats. Every morning I wake up to 2 of them setting on my bed waiting for any indication that I may be waking. For example, one of them can detect a blink. And the moment it happens she literally leaps for joy, usually from some where by my feet to the top of the bed where my head is. This is the signal for her sister to start parading like a tight rope walker on the wooden headboard next to my pillow. This of coarse causes just enough worry, about an accidental slip onto my head with toe nails as a catching  tool, to rouse me. By now they have me aroused enough to speak, trying to break the circus clown of her act.  I might say something like "stop that!," which brings a third kitty zooming into the room with the zeal of a lotto winner. What's the prize? Breakfast.

The next event in the house is a procession to  the kitchen with all motors buzzing and plenty of drive by lovings on my ankles while trying to navigate sleepily in the dark. My only hope of declinging them is to bust out a can of cat food and divvy it up. Only then do I get to have my coffee in peace. Oh yes, cats can tell time!

No comments:

Post a Comment